Off work and meet up with hubby at Donut Factory Suntec, hubby was queing to buy me some donut. Nice donut instead, no wonder have to queue for half an hour...
19.07.2007 7.30pm
Shop around for lighting for our new home... Get a new dining lights at $130
19.07.2007 9.00pm
Washed up the dishes after dinner, hubby even commented that I don't show any sign going for labour at all, as I still can jokes and move around... :P
19.07.2007 11.00pm
Start having a mild stomach cram, thought stomach wind so try to sleep early as tomorow still need to work... last day before start my maternity leave...
20.07.2007 1.00am
Some mild contraction like having constipation, try to pass motion but nothing come out. Hubby still working hard outside the room...The pain come and off every 20-25 minutes... try to catch some sleep as scared just false labour...
20.07.2007 4.00am
Wake up from the contraction, rush to toilet again as the constipation feel is getting intense... again nothing come out... See hubby sleep soundly, so try to wait till morning... the pain is every 15 minutes now...
20.07.2007 6.00am
The contraction is getting more intense now and come every 10 minutes... wake hubby and my mil up... mil said first labour is not that fast, so they asked me to wait a while more... Somemore I don't have any show like leaking of water bag or discharge with blood...
20.07.2007 7.00am
The contraction is unbearable, come and off every 5 minutes... never experience this kind of pain before.... can't take it anymore, faster have a shower + simple breakfast and get ready to KKH... Hubby busy sms for urgent leave... Pray hard that is not false labour, else wasting time and money...
2o.07.2007 8.15am
Reach KKH and proceed to delivery suite... I am in tears now as is very painful... the midwife check and told me my cervix had opened for 2cm... She asked me whether want to admit to delivery suite? I tell her let me consider first, well... KKH delivery suite is per minutes charges after 4 hours. Normally cervix will take 1 hour to dilate one cm, so for me it will be another 8 hours to fully dilate... Anyway the midwife make the decision for me and asked me to admit to delivery suite first as she saw me in tears again...
20.07.2007 8.30am
The nurse explained and show me 3 type of pain relieve drug available, there are laughing gas, epidural and another one dunno what injection...
20.07.2007 8.45am
My gynae Dr. HC Han came in and check on me, a bit relieve when saw him... He told me I am 6cm dilate, so another 3 hours before ready to give birth... Think he break my water bag as I feel leaking of water...
20.07.2007 8.55am
I am still discussing with hubby whether to use epidural... well... is not cheap, $300+ per injection... so better consider carefully... somemore the moment I saw the picture on how the epidural is done really scare me off. The injection will be on my backbone... so scary...
20.07.2007 9.10am
Still considering whether to use epidural... the contraction come on and off every 2 minutes... The nurse asked me to breath in and out using the laughing gas... I start crying now as is very painful...
20.07.2007 9.20am
The pain getting more intense... I am struggling on bed and start crying and hitting my hubby...
20.07.2007 9.25am
The midwife checked and found that I am 8cm-9cm dilate... I had lost my rationality now... screaming and crying in pain.... They called for Dr Han... I start pushing even before they asked me to... The midwife stopped me from pushing as I am not fully dilate yet..
20.07.2007 9.30am
Dr. Han came and told me that I am ready to give birth... He asked me to push whenever I feel the contraction... The next thing I know is I had totally lost rationality... screaming, kicking, struggling and crying of pain... Doctor, midwife, 2 nurses and my hubby hold my legs, hands and my body... Deep in my heart, I am praying hard for my baby safety, and I know no matter how hard it is, I must push her out...
20.07.2007 9.41am
Here come my little princess. I take a peep down and I saw my little baby there... Dr. Han was holding the umbilical cord... still hard to believe that the baby is actually come from my tummy... The next moment I know is I am in semi concious state, think is because inhaling too much of the laughing gas... Heard Dr. conversation with my hubby and the nurses, he said all his muscle aching now, like just finish a battle in the morning.... Guess I had hurt him while struggling to give birth just now...
20.07.2007 10.00am
Slowly open my eyes and saw my little baby... Dr congratulate me and I take the opportunity to apologize to him and the nurses for hurting them unintentionally while pushing my baby just now...
Thankful to Dr. Han, he is really a very nice and patience gynae... with his expertise and sense of humour, he really make my whole pregnancy a wonderful experience... When I am crying, he even asked me not to cry, else later BB cry Mummy also cry then police will come after him... haha...
My little princess, born at 2.612kg, natural birth with no epidural... :)
Welcome to motherhood, Eleen...
1 comment:
只想说一句,我的朋友,你真的好棒!
Post a Comment